We're Members of 1% for the Planet
We’ve got some exciting news here at Petite Revery! It’s something we deeply care about and have worked our way here with our sister brand, Nest Designs. From day one as a brand, Petite Revery has tried to curate a collection by using sustainable materials where we can.
Okay, are you ready for it? We’re officially a member of 1% for the Planet! 1% for the Planet is a global organization that accelerates smart environmental giving. As a member of the organization, Petite Revery is committed to giving 1% of our sales - not profits - to environmental causes.
What is 1% for the Planet?
1% for the Planet works with businesses like Petite Revery to make giving to environmental causes easier and our impact bigger. As an organization, they’ve vetted and certified over 4,000 environmental organizations for us to choose from. They allow us to give directly to causes that matter to us and eliminate the middleman. Did you know that currently only 3% of all charitable donations actually go to the environmental cause itself? That’s why we felt the need to become a part of 1% for the planet.
1% for the Planet is working to ensure that our planet and our future generation - our children thrive in it. Other businesses that have become a part of this movement include brands like Patagonia, Klean Kanteen, Stasher, and Avocado Green Mattress.
Earth Day 2023
Every year on April 22nd, more than a billion people around the world celebrate Earth Day. The theme for Earth Day 2023 is Invest in Our Planet. This year, we couldn’t be more excited to celebrate especially because of our new charity partnership with 1% for the Planet. Petite Revery is committed to investing in our planet every single day.
We want to make a difference in the industry because the reality of fast fashion is this:
- Of the clothes discarded, only 1% of the clothing actually gets recycled
- By 2050, the carbon emissions by the fashion industry alone will account for 26% of the world’s greenhouse gases
- The microplastics from clothing account for 35% of the microplastics found in the ocean which harm marine life
How We’re Making a Difference
Petite Revery like our sister brand, Nest Designs, is committed to reducing our carbon footprint on the planet. That’s why, we’ve taken steps since the beginning. We’ve done this throughout our supply chain - from paying fair wages to our workers overseas to selecting more sustainable materials for our clothes.
Some examples of this include:
- Our TENCEL™ Denim in our SS23 collection is super soft and durable so it can be passed from child to child. TENCEL™ Denim also uses less water than conventional denim when it is processed.
- The buttons used on our clothes are made from recycled plastic including the fun, colourful ones that you’ll find!
- We use materials TENCEL™ Lyocell and flax linen which have a small carbon footprint, are breathable, and feel good against the skin.
- The merino wool we used in the sweaters in our FW22 collection is 100% biodegradable.
- Our puffer jackets from FW22 are made with the world’s first biodegradable polyester fibre - Celys.
- All of our clothes use EcoPureⓇ packaging, a biodegradable plastic that keeps ensures the clothes you purchase are safe and hygienic.
Let’s Make An Impact Together
We’re so happy to be a part of 1% for the Planet but can’t make an impact without you. We want you to help us make a difference. A number like 1% may seem small but it can make a huge difference especially when it goes straight to the cases. So whenever you buy something from us, you’re also helping us make sure that our planet and our future thrive. Let’s do this together.
Learn more about what we’re doing with 1% for the Planet here.